Position: Facility Custodian
Reports to: Facilities Director
Position Status: Full-Time
Posting Dates: August 18 to September 8, 2014
The Church Facility Custodian is responsible for the janitorial and minor maintenance needs of the church to ensure it is in good physical condition with a clean and neat appearance and smell. A solid working knowledge of general maintenance, housekeeping procedures and public health and safety measures are a plus. The Facility Custodian must also be able to operate appropriate janitorial equipment correctly and safely. A general requirement for this position is a high school diploma or a GED diploma. Having a general or specialized knowledge in cleaning products and methods is a plus. Experience as a janitor is also a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily, weekly and seasonal cleaning of offices, hallways and entrances, classrooms, all of which involve dusting, mopping, vacuuming and sweeping; stocking and cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, emptying trash.
• Assists church staff and church members in getting equipment, cleaning and general preparation for church events.
• Oversees church janitorial supplies and ensures that they are well used and that supplies are always available.
• Responsible for purchasing, maintaining and distributing appropriate janitorial supplies where needed.
• Outdoor maintenance jobs include caring for flower beds, shrubbery and lawns; removal of snow and ice off sidewalks and porches in winter and remove leaves in the fall.
• Enlist, train, support and coordinate janitorial support volunteers.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Facilities Director.
• Maintain the overall physical appearance and the security of the church facility.
• Enlists, equips, empowers and encourages janitorial volunteer teams.
Oversees purchasing and organization of supplies and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Professional, qualifications, skills, & gifts
• Ability to establish and maintain respectful, and productive work relationships with coworkers, staff members and volunteers.
• Ability to safely perform all job functions without harm to self and others.
• Must meet the physical requirements of lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Must be able to exercise universal precautions and standards at all time.
• Must be able to read labels, cleaning instructions, door plates, and informational posting.
• Must be able to operate basic floor equipment, sweepers, scrubbers, buffers, extractors, shop vacs, etc.
• Must be able to follow written and oral job assignments and instructions.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, as well as with a team.
• Able to coordinate multiple projects at once.
• Able to work with multiple Church Directors and Ministry Leaders to coordinate and execute projects.
• Promotes a positive “can do” attitude and working environment.
• Possesses excellent “people” skills.
• Possesses organizational and planning skills to accomplish tasks.
• Possesses a passion for excellence in all things.
• Committed to a personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle.
• Must have the ability to lift, push and/or carry objects such as mop buckets, vacuums, supplies, tables, chairs, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted on a daily basis.
• Must have the ability to stand 3 or more hours at a time and walk 50% of an 8-hour workday to and from assigned cleaning tasks.
• Must be able to do repeated bending, stooping and reaching throughout the day as jobs are assigned.
• Must be able to climb ladders when high dusting.
• Must be able to complete repetitive motion when mopping, vacuuming, and maintaining floors on a regular basis.
To apply, CLICK HERE